Thursday 15 April 2010

Dead cool albums pt II & and other ramblings!

We're back again! Off work for a week and plenty of time to write a blog.
As for my previous blog then... I had just finished my description of the latest Johnny cash album. Now the other two albums that I wanted to talk about are -
Ali farke toure & Toumani Diabate. (self titled) and Jimi Hendrix (valleys of neptune)
The Ali Farke Toure is one that no many people will have heard of as it classed under world music. Now sadly Ali Farke Toure died about two years ago. And left a rather large back catalogue How ever this album was recorded about three years ago but Toumani Diabate had other things to do and so the release was held back. Unfortunately I don't really think it was worth the wait. I'm not really keen on much world music anyway but its an alright album. It does get better with each listen.
Now the Jimi Hendrix I haven't heard, so I really can't review it can I! But the original point was dead people releasing albums!

In other news - if you know me then you will know that I drink rather a lot of diet coke. But a benefit of this has just presented itself! With each bottle or pack that you buy, you can earn these coke zone points! Now at first I thought it was a bit lame. 100 points get you a coke hand towel or a stupid ring tone. But as i've built up my point better things have come up. And yesterday I spent 150 points on a DVD that is worth £15! (I'm not going to say what it is, because its a gift for Kristina!) Now thats a bargain in my book. And yes I know what you're going to say, "how much did you spend on coke to get that?" Well I don't care I would have bought the coke anyway, so this is a bonus!
Well thats about it for today, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment