Saturday 20 March 2010

Dead cool albums from beyond the grave!

Salutations reader, Sorry it's been so long since my last blog. I hope you can forgive me!
Right, with house keeping out of the way let me start with the subject of this blog, albums by dead people. This month has seen the release of three albums from recording artist that are no longer part of the world. Not on the mortal coil! Dead, basically.
But apparently death just isn't what it used to be! Take Michael Jackson for example, apparently taken more money after his death than in his whole career! (between you and me I don't think this can be true!)

Anyways, The first release from beyond the grave is the late, great Johnny Cash. Now for all those who don't know me i'm a huge Johnny Cash fan. So it very difficult for me to say that his new album (American recording VI) is just terrible. I was so disappointed. American V was truly Johnny swan song, a masterpiece and a perfect end to a brilliant career. But this new thing shouldn't have been made. One or two song are pretty great but the rest is just filler! It's also only 30 minutes long. And there are so many better unreleased songs from the american sessions that could have been used, but weren't.

Damn, i've ran out of time again, so part II of this blog will follow shortly!
Thanks for reading!

TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment